The Town of Orleans is seeking to improve the travel experience for all users of its streets – motorists, pedestrians, and bicyclists – through the development of a Complete Streets Prioritization Plan. With funding provided by the Massachusetts Department of Transportation, Orleans has retained the services of the Cape Cod Commission transportation staff to develop this plan. The purpose of this study is to explore transportation improvement alternatives that will reduce conflicts, improve traffic flow and incorporate multi-modal transportation options in Orleans while furthering the creation of vibrant, pedestrian and bicycle oriented mixed-use centers throughout the town.
To learn more about the MassDOT Complete Streets Funding Program visit the MassDOT Complete Streets Funding Program Portal.
NEW! - Public Review of Draft Complete Streets Project Prioritization List
Members of the community joined Commission and Town staff on November 5, 2020 to review the Draft Complete Streets Project Prioritization list and share feedback. If you were unable to attend the meeting, there is still and opportunity to provide feedback. We would like to know:
- Do the preliminary rankings match the community’s needs/priorities?
- Are there any projects missing from the preliminary rankings?
Please send any comments to Lev Malakhoff at firstname.lastname@example.org or 508-744-1229 by November 22, 2020.
Below are link to copies of materials shared at the meeting.
- Meeting Presentation
- Meeting Recording
- Meeting notes (to be added when available)
- Draft Complete Streets Project Map (click here to see launch an interactive map)
- Draft Project Prioritization List (sorted by priority)
- Draft Project Prioritization List (with project details)
NEW! - Interactive Draft Complete Streets Project Map