The Town of Mashpee requested technical assistance from the Commission RESET team to better understand the economic opportunities for the Town’s residents and businesses. The goal of the project was to provide an overview of current conditions in Mashpee and to offer suggestions about how the Town may achieve some of its economic development goals.
The report includes:
- An analysis of the development and redevelopment potential of four non-residentially zoned districts in Mashpee, focusing on commercial and industrial uses;
- An evaluation of the suitability of the Mashpee Executive Park for higher Cape Cod Commission review thresholds for research and development uses;
- An evaluation of the feasibility of new hotel development in the Upper Cape region;
- A list of funding options available for infrastructure and development activity in Mashpee; and
- A fiscal impact model to estimate the net benefit of new development to the Town.