What is a Development Agreement?
A development agreement is a voluntary, negotiated contract under which the applicant agrees to provide certain benefits which contribute to one or more of the following: infrastructure; public capital facilities; land dedication or preservation; fair, affordable housing either on-site or off-site; employment opportunities; community facilities; recreational uses; or other benefits to serve the proposed development, municipality, and county, including site design standards to ensure preservation of community character. It establishes the permitted uses, densities, and all other aspects of a development to limit off-site impacts attributable to it, the duration of the agreement, and any other terms or conditions mutually agreed upon between the applicant and all other parties to the agreement. Municipalities and state agencies may participate in the development agreement process.
Where can I learn more about Development Agreements?
- CHAPTER D: Development Agreement Regulations Governing the Provisions for Development Agreements - Effective November 20, 2014
- 1993-01-11-DA92057 Falmouth Technology Park.1-11-93
- 1997-04-17-DA96001 Mashpee Industrial Park.DA.4-17-97
- 2003-03-20-DA02014 Cape Cod Healthcare
- 2010-10-14-DA09016 Village At Barnstable 10-14-10
- 2014-03-14-DA09011 Red Jacket Resorts
- 2016-11-29-Villages at Barnstable-Amended and Restated
- 2022-07-05 Wilkens Campus DA02014
- 2023-02-08 35 Scudder Residential Development-DA