Records Access Officer
The Public Records Access Officer for the Cape Cod Commission is:
How to Request Records
If you wish to make a public records request under M.G.L. Chapter 66, Section 10 and Chapter 4, Section 7(26), you may either contact Jessica Wielgus (Records Access Officer) to set up a meeting for an in-person request or submit your request in writing by hand delivery, by facsimile to (508) 362-3136, by email to email@example.com, or by first class mail to the following address:
Public Records Access Officer
Cape Cod Commission
3225 Main Street
P.O. Box 226
Barnstable, MA 02630
We suggest making requests in writing to reduce confusion. In your request, please provide your email address, mailing address and telephone number and specify the type of record you are looking for and the time period (year or date) of the record you would like.
Records will be provided electronically if available unless you specify that you are unable to receive documents in this format, specify your preferred forma,t and provide a mailing address for your request.
The Public Records maintained by the Cape Cod commission include, but are not limited to, the categories of records listed at this link.
If you would like assistance in identifying records and/or forming your request, please call Jessica Wielgus, Commission Counsel, at (508) 362-3828.
When will I hear back on my request?
Within ten business days following the receipt of your request (as defined by 950 CMR 32.06)(2)(e), we will respond to you in writing and confirm receipt of your request. We will also advise you of the status of your request by either providing the records or identifying:
- the records that are not in our custody, possession or control (with guidance if we know where these records may be sought);
- the records that we are withholding in accordance with the public records law;
- the timeframe within which we will be producing the records; and/or
- a request to you for additional time or a modification of the scope of the request (in the interest of getting the records to you as soon as we can at the lowest cost);
- if applicable by law, a good faith estimate of the fee to produce the requested records, and
- your appeal rights.
The office maintains a searchable website where public records are available for public inspection, printing and copying.
Cape Cod Commission Board Meeting Information
- Cape Cod Commission Meeting Notices
- Cape Cod Commission Meeting Minutes
- Cape Cod Commission Decisions
- Cape Cod Commission Alternate Posting Location
Cape Cod Commission Resources
- Cape Cod Commission Act
- Cape Cod Commission Regulations
- Project Files
- Regional Policy Plan
- Technical Bulletins
- Barnstable County Economic Development Council
- BCEDC Meeting Notices
- BCEDC Meeting Minutes
- Cape Cod Metropolitan Planning Organization
- CCMPO Meeting Notices
- CCMPO Meeting Minutes
- Organização de planejamento Metropolitano (MPO) Comitê de transporte
- CCMPO Resources
- Draft Cape Cod 2020 Regional Transportation Plan (for Public Comment)
- Cape Cod 2020 RTP June Public Meetings Presentation
- Draft Cape Cod 2020 Regional Transportation Plan
- 2020 Cape Cod Regional Transportation Plan, February 2019 Listening Session
- 2020 Cape Cod Regional Transportation Plan Development, CCMPO Presentation, 11/19/2018
- Planning for the Future Transportation Needs of Cape Cod
- Pavement Management: 2018 Status Report
- Pavement Management: 2017 Status Report
- Massachusetts Public Records Law
- Secretary of the Commonwealth Public Records Law Page
- A Guide to the Massachusetts Public Records Law