AGENDA: Cape Cod Metropolitan Planning Organization
Cape Cod Metropolitan Planning Organization Meeting Agenda
DATE: Monday, September 18, 2023
TIME: 1:00 p.m.
PLACE: Online at capecodcommission.org/mpo/join, passcode: join
PHONE: (929) 205-6099, Meeting ID: 932 6393 2207
- Call to Order
- Roll call/Attendance
- Potential approval of prior meeting minutes: July 24, 2023
- Public Comment
- Massachusetts Vehicle Census: Massachusetts Department of Transportation (MassDOT) staff will describe, and members may discuss, a new online dashboard with information on the vehicles registered in each municipality and the miles they are driven.
- Safe Routes to School Signs and Lines Program: MassDOT staff will describe, and members may discuss, the latest Safe Routes to School Signs and Lines Program that provides design services and construction funding for low-cost infrastructure projects around public elementary, middle, or high schools.
- Cape Cod Canal Bridges Program: Staff will provide an update on the status of the Cape Cod Canal Bridges Program, a program that will include the eventual replacement of the Bourne and Sagamore bridges, as well as improvements to the approach roadway networks.
- Sub-regional Representative Election: Staff will report on the status and next steps required for the election of sub-regional representatives to the Cape Cod Metropolitan Planning Organization for the term of January 1, 2024 through December 31, 2026.
- Reports: MassDOT staff will discuss the status of the Transportation Improvement Program projects. Cape Cod Regional Transit Authority and Cape Cod Commission staff will report on recent and upcoming transportation initiatives across Cape Cod.
- New Business: Topics not reasonably anticipated by the Chair more than 48 hours before the meeting.
This meeting is accessible to people with disabilities. The Cape Cod Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) provides reasonable accommodations and/or language assistance free of charge upon request (including but not limited to interpreters in American Sign Language and languages other than English, assistive listening devices and alternate material formats, such as audio tapes, Braille and large print, as available). For accommodations or language assistance please contact the Cape Cod MPO by phone: (508) 362-3828, fax (508) 362-3136, Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS), dial 711 or email email@example.com.
Title VI Notice of Nondiscrimination: The Cape Cod MPO complies with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and related federal and state statutes and regulations. It is the policy of the Cape Cod MPO to ensure that no person or group of persons shall on the grounds of Title VI protected categories, including race, color, national origin, or under additional federal and state protected categories including sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, creed, ancestry, veteran's status (including Vietnam-era veterans), or background, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be otherwise subjected to discrimination under any program or activity administered by the Cape Cod MPO. To request additional information about this commitment, or to file a complaint under Title VI or a related nondiscrimination provision, please contact the MPO’s Title VI Coordinator by phone at (508)362-3828, Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS), dial 711, fax (508) 362-3136 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. If this information is needed in another language, please contact the MPO’s Title VI Coordinator by phone at (508)362-3828.
Caso estas informações sejam necessárias em outro idioma, por favor, contate o Coordenador de Título VI da MPO pelo telefone 508-744-1299. The public discussion of the Transportation Improvement Plan (TIP) at CCJTC, MPO, and transportation meetings satisfies the Program of Projects (POP) public hearing requirements of the Federal Transit Administration (FTA).