AGENDA: Cape Cod Metropolitan Planning Organization
Cape Cod Metropolitan Planning Organization Meeting Agenda
DATE: Monday, May 22, 2023
TIME: 1:00 p.m.
PLACE: Online at capecodcommission.org/mpo/join, passcode: join
PHONE: (929) 205-6099, Meeting ID: 932 6393 2207
- Call to Order
- Roll call/Attendance
- Potential approval of prior meeting minutes: April 24, 2023
- Public Comment
- Cape Cod Canal Bridges Program: Staff will provide an update on the status of the Cape Cod Canal Bridges Program, a program that will include the eventual replacement of the Bourne and Sagamore bridges, as well as improvements to the approach roadway networks.
- Self-Certification Compliance Statements: Staff will present, and the Committee members may vote to endorse, Cape Cod Metropolitan Planning Organization Self-Certification Compliance Statements on the Metropolitan Transportation Planning Process and Air Quality Planning required by the Code of Massachusetts Regulations at 310 CMR 605.05.
- Federal Fiscal Years (October 1 – September 30) 2024 Unified Planning Work Program(“UPWP”) Development: Staff will review, and Committee members will consider public comments on and may vote to endorse, the 2024 Unified Planning Work Program, which summarizes all significant transportation activities planned for the year 2024 on Cape Cod.
- Federal Fiscal Years (October 1– September 30) 2023-2027 Transportation Improvement Program (“TIP”) Amendment # 2: Staff will review, and Committee members will consider public comments on and may vote to endorse, the 2023-2027 Transportation Improvement Program Amendment #2, which would increase the funding amounts to match the increased project cost estimates for the Barnstable Bearses Way Shared Use Path project and the Wellfleet Route 6 at Main Street project.
- Federal Fiscal Years (October 1– September 30) 2023-2027 Transportation Improvement Program (“TIP”) Adjustment # 1: Staff will present, and Committee members may vote to endorse, the 2023-2027 Transportation Improvement Program Adjustment #1, which would decrease the funding amounts to match the decreased project cost estimates for the Wellfleet Route 6 Pavement Preservation and Related Work project.
- Federal Fiscal Years (October 1 – September 30) 2024-2028 Transportation Improvement Program (“TIP”) Development: Staff will review, and Committee members will consider public comments on and may vote to endorse, the 2024-2028 Transportation Improvement Program, which summarizes the regionally significant transportation infrastructure projects receiving federal funding for construction over the next five years.
- 2024 Cape Cod Regional Transportation Plan (RTP): Staff will provide an update on the development of the 2024 Regional Transportation Plan including new congestion analysis and a list of potential regionally prioritized highway projects. The Regional Transportation Plan is the region’s long range transportation vision for the Cape Cod region and includes all modes of transportation.
- Reports: MassDOT staff will discuss the status of the Transportation Improvement Program projects. Cape Cod Regional Transit Authority and Cape Cod Commission staff will report on recent and upcoming transportation initiatives across Cape Cod.
- New Business: Topics not reasonably anticipated by the Chair more than 48 hours before the meeting.
This meeting is accessible to people with disabilities. The Cape Cod Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) provides reasonable accommodations and/or language assistance free of charge upon request (including but not limited to interpreters in American Sign Language and languages other than English, assistive listening devices and alternate material formats, such as audio tapes, Braille and large print, as available). For accommodations or language assistance please contact the Cape Cod MPO by phone: (508) 362-3828, fax (508) 362-3136, Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS), dial 711 or email email@example.com.
Title VI Notice of Nondiscrimination: The Cape Cod MPO complies with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and related federal and state statutes and regulations. It is the policy of the Cape Cod MPO to ensure that no person or group of persons shall on the grounds of Title VI protected categories, including race, color, national origin, or under additional federal and state protected categories including sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, creed, ancestry, veteran's status (including Vietnam-era veterans), or background, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be otherwise subjected to discrimination under any program or activity administered by the Cape Cod MPO. To request additional information about this commitment, or to file a complaint under Title VI or a related nondiscrimination provision, please contact the MPO’s Title VI Coordinator by phone at (508)362-3828, Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS), dial 711, fax (508) 362-3136 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. If this information is needed in another language, please contact the MPO’s Title VI Coordinator by phone at (508)362-3828.
Caso estas informações sejam necessárias em outro idioma, por favor, contate o Coordenador de Título VI da MPO pelo telefone 508-744-1299. The public discussion of the Transportation Improvement Plan (TIP) at CCJTC, MPO, and transportation meetings satisfies the Program of Projects (POP) public hearing requirements of the Federal Transit Administration (FTA).