AGENDA: Cape Cod Metropolitan Planning Organization
Cape Cod Metropolitan Planning Organization Meeting Agenda
DATE: Monday, March 27, 2023
TIME: 1:00 p.m.
PLACE: Online at capecodcommission.org/mpo/join, passcode: join
PHONE: (929) 205-6099, Meeting ID: 932 6393 2207
Note: The meeting will be held virtually, with members of the Cape Cod Metropolitan Planning Organization participating remotely, pursuant to Chapter 20 of the Acts of 2021, An Act Relative to Extending Certain Covid-19 Measures Adopted During the State of Emergency as amended.
- Call to Order
- Roll call/Attendance
- Potential approval of prior meeting minutes: February 27, 2023
- Public Comment
- Cape Cod Canal Bridges Program: Staff will provide an update on the status of the Cape Cod Canal Bridges Program, a program that will include the eventual replacement of the Bourne and Sagamore bridges, as well as improvements to the approach roadway networks.
- Reliability, Congestion, and Emissions Performance Targets: Massachusetts Department of Transportation (MassDOT) staff will present, and Committee members may vote to adopt, statewide Reliability, Congestion, and Emissions Performance Targets for the years 2024 and 2026.
- Public Transportation Agency Safety Plan: Staff will present, and Committee members may vote to endorse, the December 2022 Public Transportation Agency Safety Plan, a plan developed by the Cape Cod Regional Transit Authority establishing and reporting progress on annual safety performance targets.
- Federal Fiscal Years (October 1 – September 30) 2024 Unified Planning Work Program(“UPWP”) Development: Staff will provide an update on the development of the 2024 UPWP which summarizes all significant transportation activities planned for the year on Cape Cod. Committee members may ask questions and vote on potential tasks and studies for inclusion in the draft 2024 UPWP.
- Federal Fiscal Years (October 1 – September 30) 2024-2028 Transportation Improvement Program (“TIP”) Development: Staff will provide an update on the development of the 2024-28 TIP which summarizes the regionally significant transportation infrastructure projects receiving federal funding for construction over the next five years. Committee members may ask staff questions and vote on potential projects for inclusion in the draft 2024-2028 TIP.
- 2024 Cape Cod Regional Transportation Plan (RTP): Staff will provide an update on the development of the 2024 RTP. The RTP is the region’s long range transportation vision for the Cape Cod region and includes all modes of transportation.
- State Ethics Conflict of Interest Training Requirements: Staff will review the new State Ethics Commission Conflict of Interest online training program requirements and answer Committee member questions.
- Reports: MassDOT staff will discuss the status of the Transportation Improvement Program projects. Cape Cod Regional Transit Authority and Cape Cod Commission staff will report on recent and upcoming transportation initiatives across Cape Cod.
- New Business: Topics not reasonably anticipated by the Chair more than 48 hours before the meeting.
This meeting is accessible to people with disabilities. The Cape Cod Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) provides reasonable accommodations and/or language assistance free of charge upon request (including but not limited to interpreters in American Sign Language and languages other than English, assistive listening devices and alternate material formats, such as audio tapes, Braille and large print, as available). For accommodations or language assistance please contact the Cape Cod MPO by phone: (508) 362-3828, fax (508) 362-3136, Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS), dial 711 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Title VI Notice of Nondiscrimination: The Cape Cod MPO complies with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and related federal and state statutes and regulations. It is the policy of the Cape Cod MPO to ensure that no person or group of persons shall on the grounds of Title VI protected categories, including race, color, national origin, or under additional federal and state protected categories including sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, creed, ancestry, veteran's status (including Vietnam-era veterans), or background, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be otherwise subjected to discrimination under any program or activity administered by the Cape Cod MPO. To request additional information about this commitment, or to file a complaint under Title VI or a related nondiscrimination provision, please contact the MPO’s Title VI Coordinator by phone at (508)362-3828, Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS), dial 711, fax (508) 362-3136 or by e-mail at email@example.com. If this information is needed in another language, please contact the MPO’s Title VI Coordinator by phone at (508)362-3828.
Caso estas informações sejam necessárias em outro idioma, por favor, contate o Coordenador de Título VI da MPO pelo telefone 508-744-1299. The public discussion of the Transportation Improvement Plan (TIP) at CCJTC, MPO, and transportation meetings satisfies the Program of Projects (POP) public hearing requirements of the Federal Transit Administration (FTA).