AGENDA: Cape Cod Metropolitan Planning Organization
Note: The meeting will be held virtually, with members of the Cape Cod Metropolitan Planning Organization participating remotely, pursuant to Chapter 20 of the Acts of 2021, An Act Relative to Extending Certain Covid-19 Measures Adopted During the State of Emergency.
Members of the public can join the meeting using one of the following methods:
- By clicking on the following link: https://capecodcommission.org/mpo/join, passcode: join
Participants wishing to speak should click the “Raise Hand” icon on the lower toolbar to notify the chair. In some versions of Zoom, "Raise Hand" is under the "More" icon. The chair will recognize participants.
- Calling in to (929) 205-6099 and entering meeting ID 932 6393 2207
Phone participants wishing to speak should press *9 to notify the chair. Press * 6 to mute/unmute. The chair will recognize participants.
Meeting materials may be accessed at https://www.capecodcommission.org/mpo.
Please join the virtual meeting at least fifteen minutes before the start of the meeting and email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any issues joining.
- Call to Order
- Roll call
- Potential approval of prior meeting minutes: April 25, 2022
- Public Comment
- Federal Fiscal Year (October 1– September 30) 2023 Unified Planning Work Program (“UPWP”) Development: Staff will review, and Committee members will consider public comments on and may vote to endorse, the 2023 UPWP. The UPWP describes annual activities related to transportation planning on Cape Cod, including data collection and transportation studies.
- Federal Fiscal Years (October 1– September 30) 2023-2027 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) Development: Staff will review, and Committee members will consider public comments on and may vote to endorse, the 2023-2027 TIP. The TIP is a list of highway and transit projects anticipated to be funded during a five-year period of 2023-2027.
- Federal Fiscal Years (October 1 – September 30) 2022-2026 Transportation Improvement Program (“TIP”) Amendment #3: Staff will describe, and the committee members may vote to release for a 21-day public comment period, draft Amendment #3 to the TIP which would increase the funding to match updated cost estimates for the Dennis Route 6A over Sesuit Creek Culvert Replacement Project and the Harwich Azalea Bridge over Herring River Replacement Project.
- Public Participation Plan Update: Staff will describe, and the committee members may vote to release for a 45-day public comment period, the draft Public Participation Plan update, which incorporates requirements from the US Department of Transportation. The draft Plan with proposed amendments may be viewed at https://www.capecodcommission.org/mpo.
- Statewide Long Range Transportation Plan: Massachusetts Department of Transportation (MassDOT) staff will give a presentation on the Statewide Long Range Transportation Plan
- Future Meetings: Staff and Committee members will discuss the future format of its Committee meetings to potentially include in-person, virtual and hybrid meeting options.
- Reports: MassDOT staff will discuss the status of the Cape Cod Canal Area Transportation Improvement Program and Transportation Improvement Program projects. Cape Cod Regional Transit Authority and Cape Cod Commission staff will report on recent and upcoming transportation initiatives across Cape Cod.
- New Business: Topics not reasonably anticipated by the Chair more than 48 hours before the meeting.
This meeting is accessible to people with disabilities. The Cape Cod Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) provides reasonable accommodations and/or language assistance free of charge upon request (including but not limited to interpreters in American Sign Language and languages other than English, assistive listening devices and alternate material formats, such as audio tapes, Braille and large print, as available). For accommodations or language assistance please contact the Cape Cod MPO by phone: (508) 362-3828, fax (508) 362-3136, Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS), dial 711 or email email@example.com.
Title VI Notice of Nondiscrimination: The Cape Cod MPO complies with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and related federal and state statutes and regulations. It is the policy of the Cape Cod MPO to ensure that no person or group of persons shall on the grounds of Title VI protected categories, including race, color, national origin, or under additional federal and state protected categories including sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, creed, ancestry, veteran's status (including Vietnam-era veterans), or background, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be otherwise subjected to discrimination under any program or activity administered by the Cape Cod MPO. To request additional information about this commitment, or to file a complaint under Title VI or a related nondiscrimination provision, please contact the MPO’s Title VI Coordinator by phone at (508)362-3828, Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS), dial 711, fax (508) 362-3136 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. If this information is needed in another language, please contact the MPO’s Title VI Coordinator by phone at (508)362-3828.
Caso estas informações sejam necessárias em outro idioma, por favor, contate o Coordenador de Título VI da MPO pelo telefone 508-744-1299. The public discussion of the Transportation Improvement Plan (TIP) at CCJTC, MPO, and transportation meetings satisfies the Program of Projects (POP) public hearing requirements of the Federal Transit Administration (FTA).