AGENDA: Cape Cod Joint Transportation Committee
Cape Cod Joint Transportation Committee
DATE: Friday, September 9, 2022
TIME: 8:30 a.m.
PLACE: Online at capecodcommission.org/jtc/join, passcode: join
PHONE: (929) 205-6099, Meeting ID: 932 6393 2207
Note: The meeting will be held virtually, with members of the Cape Cod Joint Transportation Committee participating remotely, pursuant to Chapter 20 of the Acts of 2021, An Act Relative to Extending Certain Covid-19 Measures Adopted During the State of Emergency.
Members of the public can join the meeting using one of the following methods:
- By clicking on the following link: https://capecodcommission.org/jtc/join, passcode: join
Participants wishing to speak should click the “Participants” icon on the lower toolbar and then click “Raise Hand” in the dialog box to notify the chair. In some versions of Zoom, "Raise Hand" is under the "Reactions" icon. The chair will recognize participants.
- Calling in to (929) 205-6099 and entering meeting ID 932 6393 2207
Phone participants wishing to speak should press *9 to notify the chair. Press * 6 to mute/unmute. The chair will recognize participants.
Meeting materials may be accessed at https://www.capecodcommission.org/jtc.
Please join the virtual meeting at least fifteen minutes before the start of the meeting and email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any issues joining.
- Call to Order
- Roll call
- Potential approval of prior meeting minutes: May 13, 2022
- Public Comment
- 2024 Regional Transportation Plan (RTP) Development: Cape Cod Commission staff (staff) will present an overview of the current (2020) RTP and an outline of the development process for the 2024 RTP. Committee members may discuss the 2024 RTP development.
- Safe Streets and Roads For All (SS4A) Grant Program: Staff will update the Committee on an effort to submit a Regional Safety Action Plan grant application as part of the US Department of Transportation SS4A program.
- State Bike Route 1 Bicycle Wayfinding Signage Project: Staff will provide an overview of an upcoming Massachusetts Department of Transportation (MassDOT) State Bike Route 1 wayfinding signage project that will update the wayfinding signage along the Claire Saltonstall Bikeway from Bourne to Provincetown.
- Summer Traffic Counting Update: Staff will give a summary of the 2022 summer traffic counting program for Cape Cod, a program that collects traffic data such as volumes, speeds and vehicle classification on various roadways throughout on Cape Cod.
- Reports: MassDOT staff will discuss the status of the Transportation Improvement Program projects. Cape Cod Regional Transit Authority and Cape Cod Commission staff will report on recent and upcoming transportation initiatives across Cape Cod.
- New Business: Topics not reasonably anticipated by the Chair more than 48 hours before the meeting.
This meeting is accessible to people with disabilities. The Cape Cod Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) provides reasonable accommodations and/or language assistance free of charge upon request (including but not limited to interpreters in American Sign Language and languages other than English, assistive listening devices and alternate material formats, such as audio tapes, Braille and large print, as available). For accommodations or language assistance please contact the Cape Cod MPO by phone: (508) 362-3828, fax (508) 362-3136, Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS), dial 711 or email email@example.com.
Title VI Notice of Nondiscrimination: The Cape Cod MPO complies with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and related federal and state statutes and regulations. It is the policy of the Cape Cod MPO to ensure that no person or group of persons shall on the grounds of Title VI protected categories, including race, color, national origin, or under additional federal and state protected categories including sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, creed, ancestry, veteran's status (including Vietnam-era veterans), or background, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be otherwise subjected to discrimination under any program or activity administered by the Cape Cod MPO. To request additional information about this commitment, or to file a complaint under Title VI or a related nondiscrimination provision, please contact the MPO’s Title VI Coordinator by phone at (508) 362-3828, Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS), dial 711, fax (508) 362-3136 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. If this information is needed in another language, please contact the MPO’s Title VI Coordinator by phone at (508) 362-3828.
Caso estas informações sejam necessárias em outro idioma, por favor, contate o Coordenador de Título VI da MPO pelo telefone 508-744-1299. The public discussion of the Transportation Improvement Plan (TIP) at CCJTC, MPO, and transportation meetings satisfies the Program of Projects (POP) public hearing requirements of the Federal Transit Administration (FTA).