AGENDA: Cape Cod Commission
Note: The hearing will be held virtually, pursuant to Chapter 20 of the Acts of 2021, as further amended by Chapter 2 of the Acts of 2023.
Members of the public can join the meeting using one of the following methods:
- By clicking on the following link: capecodcommission.org/ccc/join passcode: join
- Going online to capecodcommission.org/ccc and clicking on “Join Virtual Meeting.”
- Calling in using the telephone number above. Phone participants wishing to speak should press *9 to notify the chair.
Meeting materials may be accessed at www.capecodcommission.org/ccc. It is recommended that phone participants access materials in advance of the meeting. Please join the virtual meeting at least fifteen minutes before the start of the meeting and email email@example.com you have any issues joining.
- Roll Call
- Public Comment
- Review and approval of prior meeting minutes: New England Wind 1 Connector Draft Subcommittee Meeting Minutes 3/27/23, 4/24/23 and 5/1/23
- Executive Director’s Report: Kristy Senatori will report on any recent staff activities.
- Announcement of Nominating Committee –The Chair will appoint a Nominating Committee consisting of three Commission members whose charge will be to select a slate officers (Chair, Vice-Chair and Secretary) for the Cape Cod Commission for a term from July 1, 2023 to June 30, 2025 for the Commission’s consideration and vote at a future meeting.
- Public Hearing and Potential Vote: Martha's Vineyard Reliability Project: The Cape Cod Commission will conduct a virtual public hearing on the following Project. The Commission will take testimony, discuss the Project and may vote whether to adopt the draft decision and approve the Project.
- Project: Martha’s Vineyard Reliability Project (CCC File No: 22009)
- Project Applicants: NSTAR Electric Company d/b/a Eversource
- Project Location: Town of Falmouth, MA
- Project Description: The Project proposes to lay a fifth submarine distribution cable from Falmouth to Oak Bluffs to increase the reliability of electrical service on Martha’s Vineyard. The Project includes an approximately 2.7-mile underground duct and manhole system to house the onshore 25kV distribution cable from the existing Eversource Substation off Stephens Lane in Falmouth to the landfall site at Surf Drive Beach in Falmouth.
7. Public hearing and Potential Vote: New England Wind 1 Connector (f/k/a Vineyard Wind II): The Cape Cod Commission will conduct a virtual public hearing on the following Project. The Commission will take testimony, discuss the project and may vote whether to adopt the draft decision and approve the project:
- Project: New England Wind 1 Connector (f/k/a Vineyard Wind II) (CCC File No: 22005)
- Project Applicants: Park City Wind, LLC
- Project Location: Town of Barnstable, MA
- Project Description: Construction and operation of the portion of the New England Wind 1 connector cable located within Barnstable County, which Project is intended to connect to and serve the proposed approximately 800-megawatt New England Wind 1 offshore wind project. The Project includes, without limitation, offshore export cables located within Barnstable County waters; the cable landfall site at Craigville Beach; the onshore duct bank and associated onshore export cables located within and under existing rights of way through the village of Centerville; the proposed onshore substation located at 8 Shootflying Hill Road, Barnstable; and interconnection to the electric grid at the existing West Barnstable Substation on Oak Street.
8. New Business: Topics not reasonably anticipated by the Chair more than 48 hours before the meeting.
Reasonable accommodations for people with disabilities are available upon request. Please contact the Cape Cod Commission at (508) 362-3828 at least 24 hours in advance of the meeting; for Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS) dial 711.
Caso estas informações sejam necessárias em outro idioma, por favor, contate o Coordenador de Título VI pelo telefone (508) 744-1299 or Para serviços de retransmissão de telecomunicações, disque 711.