AGENDA: Barnstable County Coastal Management Committee
The meeting will be held by remote participation by the Barnstable County Coastal Management Committee pursuant to Massachusetts Governor Charles D. Baker’s Order Suspending Certain Provisions of the Open Meeting Law dated March 12, 2020.
Members of the public can join the meeting using one of two methods:
- Going online to https://capecodcommission.org/bccmc/join To speak, click “Participants” icon on the lower toolbar then click “Raise Hand” in the dialog box; OR
- Calling in to (929) 205-6099 and entering meeting ID 943 7659 5383. To speak, press #9 to notify chair.
Detailed instructions on accessing the meeting are at www.capecodcommission.org/meetingnotices
Phone participants should access materials in advance of the meeting. Please join the virtual meeting at least fifteen minutes before start time and call (508) 362-3828 if you have any issues.
- Call to Order
- Review and approval of prior meeting minutes: January 27, 2021
- Cape Cod National Seashore ponds monitoring presentation: Sophia Fox, Aquatic Ecologist with the Cape Cod National Seashore, will present on pond resource management activities at the Cape Cod National Seashore and on the application of scientific data to better understand pond condition, ecology, and responses to atmospheric changes and human uses.
- Barnstable County Coastal Resources Subcommittee update: Shannon Hulst, Cape Cod Cooperative Extension Deputy Director, will provide an update on the April 21, 2021 meeting of the Barnstable County Coastal Resources Subcommittee.
- Barnstable County Dredging Program update: Ken Cirillo, Barnstable County Dredge Manager, will provide an update on Barnstable County’s dredging program including the establishment of a Barnstable County Dredge Subcommittee.
- Association to Preserve Cape Cod request for letter of support and possible vote by the Committee: April Wobst, Restoration Ecologist at the Association to Preserve Cape Cod, will present a proposal for funding to look at green infrastructure opportunities at Cape Cod boat ramps, and request that the committee provide a letter of support for the proposal. The Committee may vote whether to provide a letter of support.
- Cape Cod Commission update: Heather McElroy, Cape Cod Commission Natural Resources Manager, will provide an update of recent Cape Cod Commission activities, including completion of the draft Climate Action Plan.
- Cape Cod Cooperative Extension update: Shannon Hulst, Cape Cod Cooperative Extension Deputy Director, will give an update on behalf of the Cape Cod Cooperative Extension staff on activities of the coastal programs at the Cape Cod Cooperative Extension and WHOI (Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute) Sea Grant.
- Reports from members: Members will provide updates on relevant projects and activities of their organizations and discuss current coastal management issues affecting Cape Cod.
- New Business: Topics not reasonably anticipated by the Chair more than 48 hours before the meeting.
- Next Meeting: Committee members will discuss the schedule and agenda for their next meeting.
- Public Comment