AGENDA: Barnstable County Economic Development Council
Note: The meeting will be held virtually, with members of the Barnstable County Economic Development Council participating remotely, pursuant to Chapter 20 of the Acts of 2021, An Act Relative to Extending Certain Covid-19 Measures Adopted During the State of Emergency, signed into law on June 16, 2021.
Members of the public can join the meeting using one of the following methods:
- By clicking on the following zoom meeting link: https://capecodcommission.org/bcedc/join
- Going online to capecodcommission.org/bcedc and clicking on “Join Virtual Meeting.” Participants wishing to speak should click “Participants” icon on the lower toolbar and then click “Raise Hand” in the dialog box to notify the chair.
- Call in to 1-929-205-6099 and entering meeting ID 944 2493 9934. Participants wishing to speak should press *9 to notify the chair.
- Roll Call
- Review and Approval of Prior Meeting Minutes: 6/14/2021; Grants Committee 5/20/2021 and 7/22/2021
- Fiscal Year 2022 License Plate Grant Program for COVID-19 Recovery and Resiliency Projects: Cape Cod Commission (Commission) staff will summarize proposals received for COVID-19 recovery and resiliency projects and grant award (up to $25,000) recommendations made from the Barnstable County Economic Development Council (BCEDC) Grants Committee on the following applicants: Cape Cod Community College; Cape Cod BMX; LoveLiveLocal/Hyannis Business Improvement District/Amplify POC (People of Color); Cape Cod Young Professionals; Cape Cod Health Ministry; Chatham Valet; Duffy Health Services; E for All Cape Cod; Housing Assistance Corporation; Lower Cape Community Development Partnership; and the Town of Harwich. Members of the BCEDC will discuss and may vote to forward the Grant Committee recommendations for grant awards to the Barnstable County Commissioners.
- US Economic Development Administration (EDA) American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) Funding Opportunities: Commission staff will provide an overview of the six US EDA ARPA funding opportunities that are available to support economic recovery from the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Data Cape Cod: Commission staff will provide an overview of ongoing efforts to update the Data Cape Cod website that provides regional and local data sets to support planning and economic development on Cape Cod.
- Cape Cod Commission Executive Director Update: Kristy Senatori will report on recent staff activities.
- Member Reports: BCEDC members will report on any recent economic development activities, including but not limited to economic development issues related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- New Business: Topics not reasonably anticipated by the Chair more than 48 hours before the meeting.