AGENDA: Barnstable County Economic Development Council
Barnstable County Economic Development Council
DATE: Thursday, June 18, 2020
TIME: 3:00 p.m.
PLACE: Virtual Meeting to be accessed as detailed below
Note: the meeting will be held by remote participation by the Barnstable County Economic Development Council (BCEDC) pursuant to Massachusetts Governor Charles D. Baker’s order suspending certain provisions of the open meeting law dated March 12, 2020.
Members of the public can join the meeting using one of the following methods:
- By clicking on the following zoom meeting link: https://zoom.us/j/92140045637
- Going online to capecodcommission.org/bcedc and clicking on “Join Virtual Meeting.” Participants wishing to speak should click “Participants” icon on the lower toolbar and then click “Raise Hand” in the dialog box to notify the chair.
- Call in to 1-929-205-6099 and entering meeting ID 921 4004 5637. Participants wishing to speak should press *9 to notify the chair.
- Roll Call
- Review and Approval of Prior Meeting Minutes: 4/9/2020, 5/15/2020
- Election of a Temporary Chair: BCEDC members will vote to elect a temporary chair, to replace Susan Moran who as resigned, until a successor is appointed.
- 2019 Comprehensive Economic Development Strategy (CEDS) Year 1 Annual Report: Cape Cod Commission staff will review the 2019 CEDS Year 1 Annual Report for approval by the BCEDC. BCEDC members may vote to forward the annual report to the Cape Cod Commission for approval and submission to the U.S. Economic Development Administration.
- Fiscal Year 2021 License Plate Grants Program for COVID-19 Recovery and Resiliency Projects: Cape Cod Commission staff will provide an overview of a Request for Proposals for projects from governmental and non-profit entities to support recovery and resiliency from the COVID-19 pandemic. BCEDC members may vote to approve the Request for Proposals.
- COVID-19 Business Impact Survey Results: Cape Cod Commission staff will review results from the COVID-19 Business Impacts Survey issued by the Commission in collaboration with the Cape Cod Chamber of Commerce.
- Cape Cod Commission Executive Director Update: Kristy Senatori will report on recent staff activities.
- Member Reports: BCEDC members will report on any recent economic development activities, including but not limited to economic development issues related to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- New Business: Topics not reasonably anticipated by the Chair more than 48 hours before the meeting.