POSTED: May 8, 2019, 11:48 AM
Barnstable County Coastal Management Committee
May 13, 2019 at 2:00 p.m.
Cape Cod Commission, Ocean Conference Room
3225 Main Street
Barnstable, MA 02630
- Welcome and introductions
- Approval of Minutes: Potential vote to approve the draft meeting minutes of 1/31/2019
- Cape Cod Commission staff will provide an overview of the county’s Municipal Vulnerability Preparedness (MVP) planning over the last eight months with five Cape Cod communities (Barnstable, Bourne, Eastham, Truro, and Wellfleet).
- Cape Cod Cooperative Extension staff will provide an overview of project types and funding available for town strategies and actions to improve the towns’ resiliency to climate change threats identified through the Municipal Vulnerability Preparedness planning process.
- Discussion on the role, functions, and membership of the Barnstable County Coastal Resource Committee as a subcommittee of the Barnstable County Coastal Resource Committee, with a possible vote to nominate members of the subcommittee to forward to the Barnstable County Commissioners for appointment.
- Barnstable County staff will provide a presentation on the Barnstable County Dredge program including but not limited to its current schedule and status of its operations.
- Report from Committee members on current coastal management issues affecting Cape Cod, followed by discussion by the Committee members.
- Next Meeting- Committee members will discuss the schedule and agenda for their next meeting
- Public Comment