POSTED: February 14, 2019, 1:52 PM
Cape Cod Commission
Cape Cod Metropolitan Planning Organization
Date: Thursday, February 21, 2019
Time: 3:00 p.m.
Place: Harborview Conference Room • Barnstable County Complex
3195 Main Street, Barnstable, MA 02630
- Roll Call
- Public Comment
- Approval of Cape Cod Commission Minutes: Potential approval of Cape Cod Commission meeting minutes of January 10, 2019 and January 24, 2019 by members of the Cape Cod Commission.
- Executive Director’s Report – Kristy Senatori. The Cape Cod Commission Executive Director will report on any recent activities she and/or staff has had regarding the Cape Cod Commission.
- 2020 Cape Cod Regional Transportation Plan Development — Steven Tupper, Cape Cod Commission Transportation Program Manager. The Regional Transportation Plan establishes the long-range vision and goals, identifies major projects, studies, and programs for Cape Cod over the next 20-25 years. Cape Cod Commission staff will present an overview of the development process for the 2020 Regional Transportation Plan and will highlight opportunities for public involvement. Cape Cod Commission and Cape Cod Metropolitan Planning Organization members may discuss the development of the 2020 Regional Transportation Plan and ask questions of staff.
- U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Cape Cod Canal Bridges Major Rehabilitation Evaluation Study- Craig Martin, Project Manager. â€‹Mr. Martin will summarize the purpose and process undertaken to date for its multiyear Major Rehabilitation Study of the Bourne and Sagamore Highway bridges in Bourne, MA. The study will result in a Major Rehabilitation Evaluation Report, which evaluates the risk and reliability of the structures and the economic impacts/benefits of a number of alternatives, including continuation of routine maintenance, major rehabilitation, or bridge replacement. Cape Cod Commission and Cape Cod Metropolitan Planning Organization members may ask questions and discuss the topics presented by Mr. Martin.
- Massachusetts Department of Transportation Canal Area Transportation Study — Ethan Britland, Project Manager, Cape Cod Canal Area Transportation Study, Massachusetts Department of Transportation. Mr. Britland will review the Cape Cod Canal Area Transportation Study which identifies existing and future multimodal transportation deficiencies and needs around the Cape Cod Canal area. The study also provides an analysis of a full range of transportation alternatives including potential projects involving the Bourne and Sagamore Bridges and their surrounding areas in Bourne, MA. Cape Cod Commission and Cape Cod Metropolitan Planning Organization members may ask questions and discuss the topics presented by Mr. Britland.
• New Business: Topics not reasonably anticipated by the Chair more than 48 hours before the meeting.
This meeting is accessible to people with disabilities. The Cape Cod Metropolitan Planning Organization (MPO) provides reasonable accommodations and/or language assistance free of charge upon request (including but not limited to interpreters in American Sign Language and languages other than English, assistive listening devices and alternate material formats, such as audio tapes, Braille and large print, as available). For accommodations or language assistance please contact the Cape Cod MPO by phone: (508) 362-3828, fax (508) 362-3136, Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS), dial 711 or email email@example.com. Title VI Notice of Nondiscrimination: The Cape Cod MPO complies with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and related federal and state statutes and regulations. It is the policy of the Cape Cod MPO to ensure that no person or group of persons shall on the grounds of Title VI protected categories, including race, color, national origin, or under additional federal and state protected categories including sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, creed, ancestry, veteran's status (including Vietnam-era veterans), or background, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be otherwise subjected to discrimination under any program or activity administered by the Cape Cod MPO. To request additional information about this commitment, or to file a complaint under Title VI or a related nondiscrimination provision, please contact the MPO’s Title VI Coordinator by phone at (508)362-3828, Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS), dial 711, fax (508) 362-3136 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. If this information is needed in another language, please contact the MPO’s Title VI Coordinator by phone at (508)362-3828.Caso estas informações sejam necessárias em outro idioma, por favor, contate o Coordenador de Título VI da MPO pelo telefone 508-744-1299.The public discussion of the Transportation Improvement Plan (TIP) at CCJTC, MPO, and transportation meetings satisfies the Program of Projects (POP) public hearing requirements of the Federal Transit Administration (FTA).