Information on this page is provided to help travelers avoid congested areas and to help transportation officials identify and improve travel throughout the region.
» Access to Real-time Information
- Dial 511 for Real-Time Traffic Conditions in Massachusetts:
Travelers heading to Cape Cod or anywhere in Massachusetts can use the Massachusetts Department of Transportation (MassDOT) 5-1-1 number to receive the latest on traffic congestion on your route. Dial 511 on any cell phone in Massachusetts -- or -- dial one of these local phone numbers: Metro Boston (617) 986 - 5511; Central Mass (508) 499 - 5511; and Western Mass (413) 754 - 5511. You can also go to the MassDOT web site www.mass511.com to sign up for real-time traffic conditions for alerts and gain access to a Mass511 application for smart phones.
- US Army Corps of Engineers Social Media Updates on Cape Cod Canal Bridge Work:
- MassDOT's Traffic Cameras
- MassDOT Roadway Events (planned and current construction events)
- Traffic Flow Maps from Google and SigAlert
- Cape Cod Regional Transit Authority Bus Locators
(up-to-the-minute locations of transit buses)
» Problem Areas
» Options to Reduce or Avoid Travel Congestion